Business Developer – Energy & Industrial Pumps
Key Responsibilities and functions:
- Responsible for Sales and Business Development Functions for the surface pump market for PCM ALS starting with Western Canada.
- Previous experience selling rotating equipment packages, repairs, upgrade’s and commission/start-up services to end-customers, EPC’s and industry partners with in-depth understanding of rotating equipment requirements / specifications.
- Accountable/responsible for growing regional product and aftermarket sales revenues within Top industry accounts. Develop an end user and distributor sales strategy and plan, including customer target accounts, prospecting, sales leads, follow-ups and maintain a strong relationship with existing customers.
- Develop proposals and quotes based upon client needs, specifications, and product offerings with Inside support teams in Canada and Europe.
- Support and conduct high level sales presentations for clients and internal stakeholders Coordinate, manage & implement customer agreements with pre-approved terms and conditions
- Review and interpret commercial terms and contracts – negotiate appropriate language and terms to manage PCM ALS’s commercial risk.
- Facilitate technical support and aftermarket assistance between the sales team, the service technicians and our product managers.
- Facilitate partnerships from various business functions (Executive Management, Sales, Engineering, Product & Project Management & Service) within the company
- Thoroughly complete annual budgets, as well as regular forecasts;
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times.
Education: Bachelor’s degree / College Diploma in Business Management or Engineering, Professional designation – CET or P. Eng. would be an asset. An equivalent combination of work experience, along with sales and technical capability will also be considered.
- A minimum of (10) years of combined experience in technical sales and/or sales management of engineered pumping equipment and packaged solutions, or other engineered industrial equipment used in the Energy and/or Industrial markets.
- Excellent leadership skills and technical capability along with managerial and commercial experience is required.
- Display high degree of independence and drive to meet goals, targets and strategic objectives.
- Ability to write detailed reports and business correspondence. Exceptional ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and employees of the company. Solid active listening skills and consultative approach to selling and managing.
- Strong commercial and contract interpretation skills and knowledge.
- Willingness and capability to travel within the territory.
- Clean driving record
- An industry competitive compensation package is offered with a combination of base salary and achievement incentive. PCM ALS also offers a comprehensive benefits program and RRSP matching program.
Business Reporting and Metrics:
- Responsible to ensure up to date, accurate sales and market reporting with manual tools or when available the corporate CRM
- Call reports
- Quote tracking
- Competitive activity
- Market trends and technology
- Preparation and administration of Annual and monthly sales budgets and forecasting
Reports to the Country Manager and is a member of the senior management team.
PCM Artificial Lift Solutions (“PCM ALS”) is a global leader in surface and downhole pumping equipment. The company is headquartered in France with established locations in over 35 countries across the globe. The second largest entity of the company is the Canadian business with a top tier presence in downhole Progressive Cavity Pump “PCP” equipment. The surface pumping market segment is a high focus for the Canadian business. PCM ALS has an extensive product portfolio and the necessary technical support to become a dominant player in the surface pump market. The Canadian group has strong packaging and package integration capability plus an extensive service network. The Business Developer – Energy & Industrial Pump position is responsible for growing the surface pump business in Canada. Focus is on multiple sales channels including: custom engineered and packaged solutions; direct new sales; distribution sales; and aftermarket parts and service. The company has highly skilled worldwide technical teams providing Canada with access to a range of engineered system offerings from simple to sophisticated applications for customers with Energy or Industrial equipment requirements. The ideal candidate will grow the surface pump market and has potential to become the future leader of the surface pump business segment for Canada.