Electrical submersible pump (ESPCP)
The PCP solution for highly deviated wells and offshore operations. The Electrical Submersible pump (ESPCP) is a ROD FREE SYSTEM that combines the advantages of ESP downhole motor with the benefits inherent to PCP technology.
Removing the rod string and driving the PCP with a downhole motor provides an alternative PCP system, to avoid the typical problems of parted rods and tubing failures in rod driven systems in high dogleg severity wells. This electrical submersible pump also outperforms ESPs, facing early failures (gas lock, sand wear, low efficiency).
PCM offers an energy-saving solution with an ESPCP system that uses a submersible Permanent Magnet Motor (PMM).
- Higher well performance and reliability
- Improve PCP performance (remove flow area restriction from rod/centralizers)
- No gas lock
- Maintenance free
- Suitable for Offshore
An attractive artificial lift solution for production wells with high Dog Leg Severity, fields requiring power savings as well as for ESP conversion to offset declining wells.
- High performance downhole PMM with sensor-less drive control technology
- Constant torque over a wide range of speed 50-500 RPM
- Lower foot print
Deployment of a Multiphase Progressive Cavity Pump coupled with a Submersible Permanent Magnet Motor
- Installation : March 2015
- Operation : 3 years continuous (1093 days)
- Stop reason : Renting contract expired with client
- GVF : 40/50% average – 85% Peak
- Production: 250 bpd average
- Rod driven PCP conversion to rod free ESPCP
- Highly deviated well with high DLS
- Heavy Oil / High GOR
- RDPCP average failure 10 months
- Test the new technology
- Increase MTBF (eliminating tubing wear and rod failure)
- Successful run for 3 years (increase running life x 3)
- Reduce power consumption by almost 2